[choreonoid-users 00006] Re: Does it support Force Sensor?

Shin'ichiro Nakaoka s.nakaoka at aist.go.jp
Thu Oct 24 13:32:22 JST 2013

Hi Luis,

> For now I am using OpenHRP3 to edit the models. Can't you use the same
> routines?

The answer is basically yes.
I think you can use it to edit models, but sorry, I myself have not used
it, so I'm not so confident if the function works completely.

Basically what you have to do is first make a robot CAD model using some
CAD tool, and export each body parts separated by joints as individual
VRML files, and then write a main VRML file which has links to those
files of the body parts. OpenHRP3 just provides the function for the
last process, and I think it is not so difficult to do the last process
by using a text editor.

> Regarding the force sensors. Not sure what i did wrong, but maybe you can
> take a look . If i add a force sensor to the model, when i try to add a
> BodyRTC to the model, the choreonoid crashes.

I'm sorry, I think there are still some bugs in the related functions.
If possible, could you attach the main VRML file of your created model
files? Then I'll check it. Or if you cannot make it public, can you maka
a sample model file with force sensors by modifiying a sample model such
as SR1 in the same way as you did.

Shin'ichiro Nakaoka

--
Shin'ichiro Nakaoka <s.nakaoka �� aist.go.jp>