[choreonoid-users 00002] Re: [choreonoid-users-ja 00110] Proper way to load RTC Controller

Shin'ichiro Nakaoka s.nakaoka at aist.go.jp
Mon Oct 21 11:34:23 JST 2013

To all:
This topic has been moved to this ML from the choreonoid-users-ja ML.

Hello Luis,

> Should I use the BodyRTC?

Yes, basically you have to use a BodyRTCItem to connect an RTC
controller to a robot in the current version of Choreonoid.

> RTC "SamplePD" is not ready.

Setting the full path to the DLL of a controller RTC is a correct way.
Is there any other error messages when you start the simulation?

I also wonder if the existing simulation samples using OpenRTM work
correctly in your environment. For example, there is the
OpenRTM-SR1Walk.cnoid project, which is like SamplePD of OpenHRP3, in
the default project directory. Do they work correctly?

> Should I use the OpenHRP3.1Controller?

No, I cannot recommend you to use the OpenHRP3's controller interface.
It is provided just for realizing the low-level compatibility with OpenHRP3.

By the way, now we are developing two new functions of Choreonoid.
One is the python scripting function, and the other is a built-in
graphical editor for the RTC port connection like RT System Editor.
Those function can improve the flexibility and usability to setup
RTC-based simulations. In fact the current version (1.4) of Choreonoid
before achieving that is inconvenient. I'm sorry about that.

--
Shin'ichiro Nakaoka <s.nakaoka at aist.go.jp>