[choreonoid-users 00034] Re: Move OpenHRP to Choreonoid

Shin'ichiro Nakaoka s.nakaoka at aist.go.jp
Thu May 22 11:45:53 JST 2014

Hi Alex,

> The problem is I don't know how to create the controller.
> And how to use OpenHRP Controller in Choreonoid.

There is still no English manual for it.
I'm so sorry about that.

Instead there are samples of how to use RT-component controllers to
control virtual robots. The controllers for OpenHRP3 can basically be
used in the same way.

To test the samples, please install OpenRTM-aist 1.1 and enable the
following options in the CMake configuration for building Choreonoid.

BUILD_OPENRTM_PLUGIN
BUILD_OPENRTM_SAMPLES

Building Choreonoid with the above settings generates the following
project files in the "project" directory of the Choreonoid share directory.

OpenRTM-SR1Walk.cnoid
OpenRTM-SR1Liftup.cnoid
OpenRTM-PA10Pickup.cnoid
OpenRTM-SampleCrawlerJoystick.cnoid
OpenRTM-TankJoystick.cnoid

For example, in the OpenRTM-SR1Walk sample, one RTC controller for
controlling the walk is implemented and loaded in the simulation. The
item "BodyRTC", which is a child item of the "SR1" model item, in the
item tree view manages the connection between the virtual robot and the
controller.

The BodyRTC item has the following related properties:

Configuration mode:
 This property specifies which ports are added to the virtual robot
 component, and how to connect the ports with the controller's ports.
 "Create Default Port" creates the ports in the standard way.
 "Use Configuration File" does the port creation and connection
 according to the configuration file specified by the "Configuration
 file name" property.

Controller module name:
 This property specifies the RT component file. If this property is
 specified, the component is automatically loaded and created when the
 simulation is started. You don't necessarily have to specify this if
 you create components in another way.
 You can omit the path to the file and the extension. If the path is
 omitted, files in the standard directory "lib/choreonoid-x.x/rtc/"
 are searched. If the extension is omitted, .so or .dll is
 automatically appended depending on the platform.

Auto Connect:
 If the controller module name is specified and the configuration mode
 is "Create default port", the ports of the virtual robot and controller
 are automatically connected according to the pre-defined rules.

Configuration file name:
 If this property is specified, creating ports of the virtual robot and
 connecting the ports to the controller's ports are done according to
 the specified file. The file format is basically same as that of
 OpenHRP3's controller bridge configuration file. Please see the
 "OpenRTM-TankJoystick" sample as a reference.

Shin'ichiro Nakaoka <s.nakaoka �� aist.go.jp>